Brachioplasty is a long and intimidating word for an arm lift. This surgical procedure here in Chico, CA can help you regain a youthful appearance to your upper arms. If you are bothered by drooping or sagging of the skin on your arms, this may be the perfect treatment option for you.
What Can an Arm Lift Do?
The skin on your arms drooping is a normal part of aging. It happens as your skin becomes less elastic and gravity takes its toll. Weight fluctuations and heredity can also contribute to the severity of the issue. No matter what caused the problem initially, an arm lift in Chico, CA can help.
This procedure can help you:
- Reduce the amount of fat in your upper arms
- Eliminate sagging skin
- Tighten the underlying support network underneath your arms
- Boost your confidence when wearing short sleeve tops
- Relieve irritation caused by skin rubbing and chafing
Who Is the Ideal Candidate for an Arm Lift?
The best candidates for an arm lift will be:
- Healthy, both physically and mentally
- In good overall health with no major medical conditions
- A non-smoker, since smoking can delay healing
- Someone with realistic expectations
- Someone who has been unable to reach desired results through exercise
- Someone looking to reverse sagging caused by aging
- At a stable weight
What to Expect with an Arm Lift
Although this is surgery, it is performed on an outpatient basis. General anesthesia will be used, however, making it essential for you to have someone to drive you home. Ideally, someone will also stay with you for at least 24 hours after your procedure.
Incisions are made in the arm based on your individual needs. This allows us to tighten the supportive tissue underneath your skin. Excessive fat and skin can be removed during an arm lift. The incisions are then closed and the healing can begin. You should be able to see an improvement right away, although some swelling is to be expected. A compression garment can help this go down. You will be given personalized aftercare instructions that will include when you can exercise and return to work.
Interested in enhancing the appearance of your arms in Chico, CA? Get in touch with our team at Northstate Plastic Surgery Associates in Chico, CA to learn more. We will learn more about your medical history, talk about your aesthetic goals, and can recommend any additional treatments that may be necessary to get you the look you want. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!